Become a dog boarder
“Where we thought we were doing this for others, we actually ended up gaining so much out of our involvement ourselves”
At Mobility Dogs, we are dedicated to raising puppies into dogs that will eventually become go on to help disabled New Zealander’s live a more independent life. However, before they embark on their journey, we rely on the kindness of volunteers to board them during their advanced training.
- Your role will primarily involve looking after our older dogs for a period of 2 to 6 months while they finalise their formal training for placement.
- This means that the trainer will pick them up from your home or work and drop them back several days a week for training sessions.
Being a dog boarder is a wonderful opportunity to meet and connect with some lovely dogs – and people – and support a future working dog who could make a real difference.
What will it cost me?
Nothing at all!
- We’ll cover all expenses, including food, toys, accessories, and vet visits.
- If you have holiday plans, we’re happy to board the dog during that time.
- We will also provide training, support, and encouragement for you to be a wonderful dog boarder.