How Mobility Dogs transform lives
Practical help, emotional support
Mobility Dogs are trained to help people living with a disability with everyday tasks. They also provide companionship, emotional support and a connection to the community.
Each dog is trained to:
- Retrieve and carry items – such as help load and unload the washing.
- Deliver items to a person
- Open and close doors and drawers
- Press buttons for elevators and pedestrian crossings
- Help with payments in shops
- Assist with daily activities such as dressing and undressing
- Turn lights on and off
In addition, each dog can be trained to suit the unique requirements of their human partner.
Our dogs can:
- Put their own food bowls in the sink
- Help their human partner turn over in bed
- Tidy away their toys
- Help strip the bed
Some of our mobility dogs look after other members of the family as well – they’ve been known to help with the laundry and more!!