October is Dogtober – a month of fun to help fundraise for Mobility Dogs.
Mobility Dogs specially train dogs to help disabled New Zealanders with their individual, unique needs. Through practical support, companionship and unconditional love, these dogs truly transform the lives of their partners, who enjoy greater independence and quality of life.
However, we are a very small charity and without your support, we can’t help as many New Zealanders living a disability.
To help you to help Mobility Dogs we have some fun events for you to choose from and we have created some fundraising materials that will help make your event really special.
Choose a Dogtober event
We’ve come up with three easy events for you to take part in to raise money during Dogtober, from having a coffee to wearing green for the day. And we’ve created a fundraising pack for you to download HERE, or below, including invitations, step by step guides and more!
- Pupcake Sale – bake cupcakes and sell them to your friends, family and colleagues – you could even make them look like pups!
- Go Green – wear green to show you care, or dye your hair, or your dog’s fur – it’s up to you!
- Paws for coffee – stop, pause and have a coffee (or tea) with friends or workmates and raise money while you do it!
We get hundreds of requests for dogs every year, and for us to help more people we desperately need more funds. We are keen for Dogtober to be a time for fun, but we also want Dogtober to be an opportunity to tell others about our work.
We think Dogtober is going to be the most fun month of the whole year!
Share your events and photos with us
- Tag us on Twitter @MobilityDogs using the hashtags #mobilitydogs or #dogtober
- Post to Instagram and in your caption or comments tag @mobilitydogs
By posting to our Twitter and Instagram pages, you give us permission to re-share your images publically in our own feed. If you’d rather not share your images openly, email them instead.
Thank you for getting involved!